Seminars on China-Africa/China-Africa relations

Seminars on China-Africa/China-Africa relations

di Utente eliminato -
Numero di risposte: 0

Dear students,

I will conduct the Seminar on China-Africa/China-Africa relations starting today. 

I would like to give you some further information before the beginning. 

To shortly introduce myself: I was a former student of Local Development and currently I am Ph.D. candidate at the Department of Geography at Padua University, I research on China-Africa agricultural cooperation with a focus on Tanzania. I am also particularly interested in South-South cooperation and alternatives in agriculture. 

The Cycle of Seminar has been developed with the idea to cover different aspects of Africa-China relations, stimulate debate, and encourage critical analysis. The aspects covered are the ones listed on the Calendar you already received.

Given that every single lecture helps to develop a holistic understanding of the Sino-African relations, I highly suggest taking part in the entire cycle, however, if you are interested in a specific topic you are welcome to join. 

I attached a short bibliography for each seminar, merely to guide you with some preliminary reading, still, they are not necessary to take part in the seminar. 

Finally, if you are interested in a topic that is not covered in the seminar, or you are interested in a specific country, please feel free to communicate with me at mariasole.pepa@phd.unipd.it.

You can use this email address in case you have any doubts, comments, suggestions. 

Looking forward to meeting you.

All the best,

Mariasole Pepa