Updating, new resources coming from USA and more...

Updating, new resources coming from USA and more...

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Dear all,

first of all I want to welcome Edward (which arrived in Italy yesterday) and Esam (who will join us in PAPER) I hope that for them this will be a fantastic learning adventure.

second, as the most of you already know, during the first week of November,  Monica, Anna, Daniela and me went to Charleston SC USA to participate at the American Association of Adult and Continuing Education Conference. There, two of our speech presented during the conference were focused on PAPER. We asked and received interesting insights to improve the program. Mr. John Henschke with wich I studied and worked at the Lindenwood University St. Charles MI USA, some days ago sent us (as promised) some interesting resources about the way to do research in the social field. The resources have a particular focus on how to develop and to legitimate a discipline of social practice (in particular adult education and andragogy...). Mr Henschke sent to us a diagnostic instrument on research competencies composed by Malcolm Knowles. Some of you (including me) probably will argue on the fact that the Knowles' documents are not recent. I really need to understand when, conducting researches, we have to consider a resource as too old to use it. In attached the documents that you can find also in my personal forum.

Third and last, I want to remeber you that on December the nine we will have the first PAPER meeting. We are preparing an interesting activity to meet all together. So, if you can, do not take commitments for that date!!! 

Have a nice sunday evening!

Mario